About us: General information
When Factor CO2 initiated its activities, it was a Spanish company focused on climate change policies and on the European Emissions Trading Scheme (EU ETS). Today, after more than 600 projects and over 350 clients in 15 countries, we have become a global initiative which provides ideas and services to tackle climate change from very distinct perspectives through its international network of offices.
Factor CO2 is composed works around four organizations:
- Factor CO2 Ideas is a consultancy company with extensive experience in tackling climate change and a broad range of projects developed for the public and private sectors.
- Factor CO2 Trading is specialized in carbon trade as market intermediaries. Its services portfolio includes operations in the different carbon markets (European, Kyoto, Voluntary Markets, etc.).
- Factor CO2 Ennova, aims at developing and promoting innovative technical solutions to tackle challenges related to sustainable energy use and climate change.
- Factor CO2 Climate focuses on providing professional services on climatology.
The following references are a few highlights of our work:
- At an institutional level, Factor CO2 has worked for several international organizations such as the World Bank, the Inter-American Development Bank, the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development and the Asian Development Bank, as well as for specialized organizations such as the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) or those within the United Nations (UNDP, UNEP).
- We have also advised several national, regional and local governments in topics related to climate change and energy.
- In the private sector we have worked with some of the most important European companies in key sectors such as energy, infrastructure, transport and foods. More than 200 footprints have been calculated.
- We have also provided assistance to more than 300 industrial facilities under the European Trade Scheme (EU ETS), having operated an approximate annual volume of €100 million in the carbon markets.