Services: Climate change mitigation
Tackling climate change initiates by quantifying and reducing GHG emissions both in the private and the public sector, as well as the introduction of adaptation mechanisms. This area has been the mostly covered and the one where the International Community begun its efforts.
Factor CO2 has a wide experience in implementing strategic policies aimed to reducing GHG emissions. Additionally it has a long track in launching innovative and custom-made initiatives in different sectors.
Our clients in this area include:
- Public administrations at international, national, regional and local levels.
- Private institutions from the service, manufacturing, oil refinery and passenger transport sectors, among other.
Some of the projects we have worked on in this specific area are:
- Climate change strategies for countries and private organizations.
- Carbon budget proposals for Regional Governments
- Emissions inventories and/or projections for national, regional or local levels.
- Inventories and/or projections for land use and carbon sinks at a regional and local level.
- Action strategies, cost-efficiency analysis and avoided regional deforestation.
Furthermore, we have developed three tools that cover specific aspects and needs:
- UKIO Model for satellite accounting and emissions projections.
- Prometeo for regional and local emissions projections.
- Biolca, used to analyze different scenarios for the development, production and use of fossil fuels and biofuels, through the Life Cycle Assessment (LCA).
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org