Factor collaborates in the side event: De-risking Renewable Investments in Africa, at COP 23
16 November 2017 | Mitigation
Today, Thursday, November 16, 2017, at 13:15 p.m. (CET), Factor Germany will collaborate in the celebration of the side event: "NDC Implementation and Renewable Energy in Africa: De-risking Renewable Investments for Productive Uses", in the Pavilion of the European Union of the COP 23, in Bonn, Germany.
The event organized by the Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Building and Nuclear Safety (BMUB, for its acronym in German), will address a panel discussion on the main barrier to the deployment of renewable energy in Africa, access to affordable financing to undertake the initial investment.
In this context, two relevant variables will be analyzed: small and medium renewable energy projects in industries and services, and access to energy with renewables in rural areas.
The topics to be discussed by the panelists are the following:
- Main barriers to access finance for embedded renewable generation.
- Climate finance to deploy clean, decentralized generation.
- Strengthening local financial institutions.
- Support needed for entrepreneurs to develop bankable projects.
- The role of socially responsible finance.
- Data and smart infrastructure to foster decentralized generation.
In this regard, Factor has just presented at COP23 the report on the implementation of the energy component of the NDCs of the countries of the Economic Community of West Africa. The following are the links to the report:
If you want more information or advice on our energy services, do not hesitate to contact us: