Reducing the impact of human activity on climate is becoming increasingly urgent. For this reason, governments, companies and other organizations are assessing how to contribute to global mitigation objectives by implementing actions for emission reduction and improvement of the absorption capacity of carbon sinks.
At Factor CO2, we have been working hand-in-hand since 2004 with some of the world’s main institutions and companies on assessing how to initiate cost effective actions to mitigate climate change. The search for climate change funding or the development of strategies and action plans, are some of the key pillars in this process.
In order to reduce the impact that organizations have on climate change, we offer services ranging from GHG emission calculation and reduction studies, to action plans and mitigation strategies or sector benchmark analysis. Additionally, we develop projects within the climate finance framework to provide funding for project development.
- Emission studies. We have developed GHG emission inventories at local, regional, and national levels in around ten countries on three continents. We do so by applying different methodologies (IPCC, GPC, etc.) based on the project requirements. In addition, we have applied the carbon footprint approach in more than 300 organizations, products, and events, in accordance with the ISO, PAS, GHG, or Bilan Carbone methodologies, among others.
- Management and strategy. The core of our work is designing climate strategies and action plans that allow our clients to manage their emission reduction objectives in the short, medium and/or long term, based on a cost-benefit, cost-effectiveness and multi-criteria analysis. More than one hundred references in both public and private sectors (state, regional, and local levels) endorse us. In addition, we develop carbon budgets, business plans related to climate finance, as well as emission neutral strategies and internal carbon pricing strategies.
- Carbon sinks. We have developed strategies and action plans for improving sinks and preventing deforestation, with the support of different collaborators at a state, regional, and local levels. On that regard, we have extensive experience in projects oriented towards developing Land Use inventories, Land Use Changes and Forestry, or the analysis of measures for the improvement and increase of removals in the context of voluntary markets.
- Climate economics. This is one of the areas in which we have the most references and the most tools. We have worked with numerous governments on the development of emissions projections based on different models, and also with a focus on satellite accounting and emissions analytics. In a large amount of the strategies developed, we have worked on marginal abatement cost curves through which the most efficient options are prioritized. Additionally, we develop projects related to climate finance in which we identify the most appropriate funding opportunities for different projects.
- Circular economy strategies. Based on our experience in carbon footprint, water footprint and environmental footprint calculation projects, we have helped many of our clients know their starting point and implement sustainable strategies. This allows us to improve their processes and reduce their environmental impacts by implementing a circular design along the entire value chain.
- Science Based Targets. We support companies in developing strategies for the Science Based Targets initiative.
- Carbon Pricing. We provide advice on developing strategies in organizations to put a price on carbon pollution as a means of reducing emissions and boosting investment in cleaner options.